Saturday, October 29, 2016

Is there anyone out there?

It has been such an incredibly long time since I've been here..... 1 year 2 1/2 months to be exact.... Back then I was banded (with a 10cc Lapband) but that had to be removed.... I changed the name of the blog and am pressing the rest button...But I am leaving my previous posts as reminders...

Where do I begin? The most common question? Why did you have your band taken out?
Back in 2013 I started having problems swallowing, swallowing anything, including water. So I would get fills followed by unfills. I was loosing zero weight, as a matter of fact I was gaining wait, no matter how much I exercised. So after 3 years of fighting with it, I had my band removed March of this year. I have gained 13 lbs since my band was removed which puts me back at my original weight from 2012 before I was banded. 

For the last 6 months I have been working through the hoops required by insurance so I can have a sleeve surgery. I am now two weeks from my scheduled sleeve surgery and keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes array.

So yes, I am discouraged. I never thought I would be here again. But I am beginning again.... And it is a painful beginning, my feet hurt so bad that crawling would probably be better. My back hurts when I walk, and breathing when working out is ever so difficult. But, I am beginning again....

 

Today marked day two of moving. I walked 1/2 a mile yesterday and 1 mile today.

What can I say about this past year....It's been year of hard lessons, painful changes, coming to terms, and rediscovery.

A year ago I had to make the decision to stop communicating with my mother and my sister due to constant problems. That decision has been bitter sweet. All in all it was one of the best decisions I have made, but emotionally and mentally it has been a struggle I am still working on.

I am in the process of rediscovery, trying to figure out how to love myself. So here we go...off to the races. I am determined to be successful!

Cheers,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment