Sunday, January 8, 2017

8 Weeks Post Op!

And feeling pretty good overall. Was out of town for a while, and then there was the holidays.... Did some cooking, some baking, but for the most part I stayed away from all things fattening! YAY ME!

As of today I am down 36 lbs since my pre-op appointment on Oct 19th, 2016. My VSG surgery was Nov 14th, 2016. I am pretty happy with this result so far, I can see changes and I am excited to see what the future holds!
I have been working out. Interval running, weights, kickboxing. Been using a Simply Fit board, kind of loving it, I'll tell ya. Oh and I am also trying the CIZE it up workout (Google it). It's exercise through dance and if you wanna switch it up it's pretty great!
Tried a couple new recipes too! Super easy, Unjury Pancakes, and cauliflower shell taco bowls!
58 Calories in 1 Pancake, 6.6g carbs, 5.9g protein, 1g fat (1 ripe banana, 1 scoop vanilla Unjury protein powder, 1 egg and 1 egg white) This recipe made 9 pancakes but I think I made them rather large. I can only eat one for a meal.

46 Calories in 1 bowl, 3.9g carbs, 6g protein, 1g fat (Shell - 2/3 head Riced Cauliflower, 2egg, 1 cup fat free shredded cheddar, garlic salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste) (Filling - 1oz Ground turkey with taco seasoning, 1/3 red bell pepper, 1 1/3roasted green chilies) This recipe make 10 shells and the filling made 5 bowls. One bowl is 1 serving.
If there is still anyone out there, keep fighting the fight. Be good to yourself! Keep going, even when you wanna quit! The best thing about a new day is the opportunity to start again!

Cheers,
~C

3 comments: