Thursday, February 26, 2015

Crazy!

Crazy! Until about 3 weeks ago I didn't know what Quinoa was. I first had it in a soup at Panera bread. The soup flavor was good, a little too much lemon and a bit too many kale leaves, but I did like the quinoa. I am probably the only person on the planet that hadn't had this stuff!

So I decided to buy some and see what I can do with it at home! A 1/4 cup of this stuff cooked is awesomely filling!! And good for you too! And its not disgusting! Last night I went pretty basic. My sister said to try cooking it in my rice cooker, which was actually a great idea! Last night I had it with a little butter and garlic salt. Love the texture!

Tonight I decided to try something different. Teriyaki quinoa with chicken, green pepper and onion. YUM! And in my continued quest for low fat, low calorie, quinoa pudding! Kind of like rice pudding! It's chilling, but it tasted pretty good warm! There are so many recipes for this stuff!
 
OK, done with quinoa :)
 
I have been staying on track! Excited about that too! Tuesday I worked out with my trainer, Wednesday I took the day off, today I did day 2 of the C25K, 20 minutes of kickboxing and 10 minutes on the elliptical!
 
So how are you?
 
I'm off! And going to bed! Sweet dreams! More to come!
Chris


3 comments:

  1. You were not the only one not knowing what Quinoa is! I'll will definitely try it soon, there is a lot of receipt for this in the web.

    Wow Chris, you sure keep active, great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! Today I discovered I like turnips. Who knew? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kudos Richard!! Sweet potato's and quinoa fabulous Idea! I will try this! Turnips hmmmm, I will explore that...I don't know if I like turnips! :)

    ReplyDelete