Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What I have learned about...

Technology: A few weeks ago I purchased a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor. The main reason for my purchase was so I could better keep track of my calorie burn while I was in the pool. The first 2 weeks that I had the monitor it worked great! No issues at all. This week however, it is being flaky. Sometimes it shows 00 for a heart rate, sometimes it shows 50 and sometimes it's where it should be. So after researching further on the internet I have learned that cleaning the sensors on the chest strap and tightening the chest strap as tight as I can stand it seems to help. And the chest strap is tight let me tell you. Today it worked much better. Thank goodness because Monday and Tuesday I was totally distracted by the fact that it was not working and my workouts were horid.

Technology II: The waterproof case that I purchased to house my Ipod shuffle while I swim worked pretty good. The only complaint that I have is that the ear phones have to be messed with a bit throughout my swimming. So I think I will change the ear peices and see if I can find a better fit. It came with like 10 different ear peices. From what I have read, if you can tuck the ear peices under the swim cap it will help but mine creeps up my head while I swim, All in all, my shuffle stayed 100% dry. The sound quality was good and it did help me pick up the pace in the water. It is not the prettiest thing in the world but it serves its purpose and helped make my 30 minutes in the pool more fun! Here is what it looks like...



Myself: For some reason this week started off tough. I was very distracted by my troublesome technology, I was tired when I was swimming, and my knees hurt even when kicking in the pool. This is not normal! I feel more stressed out than usual and it's holiday time. So.... What can I do? I thought pushing the work outs up a notch would help but I'm not feeling it. Today was totally different I felt great in the water, maybe it's because with the music I couldn't think about life. I guess we will see how things go moving forward.

Happy Hump Day Evening! Tootles!

2 comments:

  1. In my experience, Polar has really good customer service. If you continue to have proboems call them and have them fix it.

    ReplyDelete