Sunday, March 3, 2013

Last call for alcohol!!!

Well...In all honesty, probably not, but the party week is over. Funny I don't drink at home or daily for that matter, I am really only a social drinker. I was so tired after all the drinking and dancing yesterday I slept til Noon. And the family let me. I NEVER sleep til noon. Geez!!

So needless to say yesterday was a lazy day. I didn't do much of anything except sit in my recliner and watch TV.

Today was good. I got up around 8:45 this morning and went outside to do day 1 of week 4 of the C25K. It was a beautiful day outside today. Somewhere around 60 degrees. So I opted to go outside for my run.

After reading what it entailed I do have to say, I was super discouraged! 5 min warm up walk, 3 min jog, 90 sec walk, 5 min jog, 2.5 min walk, 3 min jog, 90 sec walk, 5 min jog, 5 min cool down walk. There was no way that ME, someone that has never run a day in her life, has had knee pain just from walking, and could barely breathe, was going to be able to jog for 5 solid minutes. NO WAY!!! I was defeated before I even started today. So you know what I did, I started anyway! Those crazy ass demons that have haunted me for so long, Kept telling me that there was no way I could do this. I was so doubtful.

So I walked for 5 minutes, and jogged for 3 minutes then walked for 90 seconds, and then jogged for 5 MINUTES and walked for 2.5 minutes!!! And repeated all that again!!!! OMG I was so excited! I can't beleive I did it! Ironic that I came accross this today while I was reading thinfluenced.
And when I arrived back at my starting point 2.18 miles later I decided that I could do more! So I went back to week 1 day 1 of the C25K and did that. I walked/ran a total of 4.36 miles today! I did not run fast, and I walked when I was supposed to. And my legs burned and felt like jello when I finished. But I finished. I was proud of myself. I felt accomplished. And I burned 569 calories doing it!
 
I also realized my support system at home totally sucks! I was so proud of myself I came inside and told the hubby and the kids and I got nothing. My daughters both laughed and said, "your not really running mom." and the husband didn't anything at all. Nice. So glad I can count on everyone. So I sent a message to my brother telling him what I did and he boosted my confidence by saying he was proud of me and great job. Amazes me how I can get more support from total strangers but the people that are supposed to give a shit the most give nothing. Whatever thats fine. I can do this on my own! I feel great, and whether they like it or not, this is all about me. For the first time in 40 years!
 
Tomorrow is weigh in day: Not sure what to expect. I have been working hard to get my alcoholic binge pounds to go away. I am not expecting a loss of any kind and I am hoping to just be back where I was last Monday. Time will tell.
 
So I leave you with this, because for me these hit super close to home right now. Thanks again thinfluenced!
 
Have a great Sunday night everyone! And thanks for reading and being a great support system! It's hard to know I can't count on those I should, but good to know I am not alone! I am greatful to have "met" each of you!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so proud of your progress and your choice to ignore that liar in your head! You are a Rock Star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids don't always seem to make the best support system. They are supposed to be self-absorbed at that age, so it's normal! And maybe your husband is a wee bit jealous of your exercise mojo? I'm proud of you for keeping on even after your more indulgent days.

    It was beautiful outside today. I went for a walk with my dog, and it was a bit windy but so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've kind of stalled at Week4 of C25K due to issues with my foot (plantar fascitis). Hopefully the podiatrist will give me good news tomorrow.

    Anyway, I had the exact same reaction when I hit week 4. You want this fat girl to run for 5 minutes? Not once, but twice? You've got to be kidding! I had to cheer myself on during the final 5 minute jog each time, but I did it! And so did you!!

    WooHooo!!! Yippeeee! We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy and proud!!! C25K looks SO SCARY when you're reading it, but it really does prepare you and you CAN do it. It always amazed me when I went to the next level with it. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your encoragement!! It is so nice to read your comments! @Connie O, where else can you go where it is 60 degrees one day and snowing the next?!?!

    ReplyDelete